Skills Camp will take place Friday, August 9th -Sunday, August 11th at Chippewa Area Ice Arena | 839 1st Ave Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Skills Camp (All Ages) $150 3 Sessions
Friday, August 9th:
3:30-4: 30 pm Stick Handling Group 1
4:45-5: 45 pm Stick Handling Group 2
Saturday, August 10th:
11am-Noon Shooting Group 1
12:15-1: 15 pm Shooting Group 2
Sunday, August 11th:
11am-Noon Checking Group 1
12:15-1: 15 pm Checking Group 2
- Learn to stick handle the puck with your head and eyes up.
- Stick handle with a purpose (through obstacles).
- Use top hand as a driving force to cradle and control the puck, bottom hand as a guide to create a range of motion in your movements.
- Incorporate head fakes to use deception and make your stick handling moves more effective.
- Learn to shoot the puck with your head and eyes up.
- Develop Wrist Shot, Slap Shot, and Back Hand technique.
- The importance of control your body movement and transferring weight effectively to maximize power.
- Learn the importance of Body Checking in Hockey, how to do so safely, effectively and how it impacts positioning in a game.
- We will go through slow, controlled drills to demonstrate safely the proper technique/form when incorporating a body check.
- Go over proper body control in order to put ourselves in the best position to effectively use a body check and gain control of the puck.